Love the Way You Lie Audiobook Tour - Skye Warren


LTWYLAudioTour
Love the Way You Lie
by Skye Warren
Publication Date: March 12, 2015
Tour: Love the Way You Lie by Skye Warren
Amazon • iBooks • Barnes & Noble • Google Play •Kobo • Audible • PRINT
A dark romance about the lies that lead us down…
I’ll do anything to get safe, even if that means working at the scariest club in town.
I’ll do anything to stay hidden, even if it means taking off my clothes for strangers.
I’ll do anything to be free. Except give him up. When he looks at me, I forget why I can’t have him. He’s beautiful and scarred. His body fits mine, filling the places where I’m hollow, rough where I am soft.
He’s the one man who wants to help, but he has his own agenda. He has questions I can’t answer. What are you afraid of?
Add to Goodreads

THE STRIPPED SERIES

    

Book Three: EVEN BETTER

Book Four: PRETTY WHEN YOU CRY

Review: 3.5 Stars

In general, I like dark romance. I like broken characters that are self destructive and brutally honest with others. But it was hard for me to like Honor or Kip. She is on the run from an abusive ex and mob leader father and she's works as a stripper/prostitute to keep her little sister safely hidden away. So far, so good.

Then Kip comes along and falls for her. But his way of showing interest is to rape her over and over again...while she doesn't say anything because 'she's too weak to fight back.'

The book is well written and if you're okay with non/dub con, then you might really enjoy this book. It's certainly hot during the good scenes. But for me, the "what the hell is wrong with you" scenes just come a little too frequently.

My only other beef is with the narrator. The book is first person so the narrator voice shouldn't necessarily change when Honor is speaking but she does this creepy "little girl" voice that just grossed me out during some of those pseudo-rape scenes. About half-way through the audio book, I had to stop listening.

That said, I look forward to trying a different book by Skye Warren to see if this weak heroine thing is a fluke or a pattern.

About Skye Warren

Skye Warren is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of dark romantic fiction. Her books are raw, sexual and perversely romantic.
Website • Blog • Twitter • Facebook • Goodreads